1. To visit protected / private sections of the forum you must be connected with your user account. If you are not yet a member of our forum, you can create it now for free!.

User Tag List

Thread: So ... What's up these days? Where are you oldfags and what you guys are up to?

Join Date Jun 2014
    Posts 3
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Exclamation So ... What's up these days? Where are you oldfags and what you guys are up to?

Hello, OpenSC dudes!

Let's go straight to the point. It's been a few years since I was active on the IT/Malware research/etc. forums. Or actually I haven't used PC actively for that whole time. Some small C projects in this time but no real activity. Been very busy IRL.

What's up these days? Where are everyone? Many sites are closed (TF, HackHound, HackYard, etc) just to name a few and many forums are so inactive or almost dead. I also checked my jabber from a loooong time - no active people there either(either stopped using that jabber, or server is dead).

I know the so called "scene" has been dying from what is was several years ago, but where did people go and what you guys do nowadays? Hell, even XyliBox's blog haven't been active for over a YEAR.

I remember DarkCoderSc retiring(was it 2014 or 2013? Can't recall) but so many others - can't find anything about them. Just to name a few: 001, CrazyBoris, LeFF, spit_fyre, h0tsh0t, touchme(well, his blog is active). Can't even recall all the nicknames. It seems that even TOW(the old warrior..) isn't offering his crypter anymore. Or at least not with a quick google search.

Feels weird, I had so many contacts and a few coding "mate" and were up to date with all the malware news etc - but take a "small" break and you have no idea what's going on in the "scene" nowadays. I feel like a newbie on the internet.

Tell me something what's going on and what are the active forums if there are any.

Maybe I need to take my time and get myself up to date again...
  2. Likes Qirbe liked this post
    Join Date Jun 2014
    Posts 3
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Other side of OSC? What you mean?

And thanks! I don't believe I will be very active for the next 6 months at least - after that probably yes. I'll try to check this forum from time to time.
    Join Date Jun 2014
    Posts 3
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Okay ... I thought about that maybe people are still online - just under new nicknames. Didn't see your edit before. Good for TOW.
    Was quite sure that drama is involved when someone disappeared from the "scene". Wonder what's h0tsh0t's nickname these days .. Well, we probably will never find out.

I have so many questions on my mind that I don't even know where to start ... This is so weird, can't find the words how it feels when you take a few years break and try to come back.
    Join Date Apr 2009
    Posts 8
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I recently started being active around the scene again. I joined OpenSC in 2009 and I'm excited to be back and active again.
    Join Date Dec 2007
    Location Internets
    Posts 1,986
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Sup
    PMs about malware = instant trip to ignore list.
  7. Likes telnet, x0rcis7, Qirbe liked this post
    Join Date Nov 2010
    Location Balkan
    Posts 85
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Trojanforge will be reopened under new domain but 001 also has fears that reopening may be pointless, as you all mention malware scene is dead, at least english speaking scene
    Join Date Jul 2015
    Posts 14
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    The Scene never dies! God bless opensc.ws and Co! Live on!!
    We Love you open.sc
  10. Likes telnet liked this post
    Join Date Jul 2015
    Posts 14
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    How can you say its dead when new malwares are being created ? I dont think this is true imho. Just saying....the scene never dies...just like tomorrow never dies.
    We Love you open.sc
    Join Date Nov 2010
    Location Balkan
    Posts 85
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I was referring on forum activity, 2 posts a day is pretty much dead forum.
  13. Likes telnet liked this post
    Join Date Feb 2017
    Posts 3
    Like (Stats)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trojanforge will be reopened under new domain but 001 also has fears that reopening may be pointless, as you all mention malware scene is dead, at least english speaking scene
    at least english? so russian or chinese you think is still alive and big?

Thread Information